Although it’s the middle of winter, many homeowners are dreaming of warm summer days, enjoying their new deck. If you’re one of those homeowners, you know that adding a deck to your home will give you a beautiful, functional outdoor living space. But to achieve that beautiful, functional outdoor living space, you’ll need to do some careful planning in the winter and/or springtime.
DIY or A Professional Deck Builder?
Those who are fond of DIY projects may consider building their new deck on their own. Although you will save on labor costs, it can also influence certain factors of your build, as well as your results. Working with a professional deck builder may cost a little more, but you’re guaranteed to get your deck built in a timely manner, built structurally sound, and meet building requirements.
Many things will affect how much you spend on your new deck. Some of those things are:
- Labor: This is typically the greatest portion of your deck building cost.
- Design: How do you envision your new deck looking? You’ll need to consider design, location, materials, and more.
- Substructure: If you already have a deck with a good substructure, all you will need to do is replace the boards on top. If you’re building a brand new deck, you’ll need to have a substructure built before installing the new deck.
- Materials: Prices for decking materials will vary based on the type of material you choose and the quality.
- Pre-work: You will need to pay for any pre-work that needs to be done before your deck builders can start building your new deck, if applicable.
Deck Shape and Sizes
These days, there are a variety of deck shapes and sizes from which you can choose. You can do a square island deck, a raised deck, a wraparound deck, circular decks, and more! To choose the right one for your home, consider things like:
- Deck function
- Home architectural style
- Yard layout
A professional deck builder will give you recommendations on how to design your new deck so you get the most out of it.
Choose the Right Deck Builder for the Job
The decking company you choose to complete your deck will affect your overall satisfaction with your new outdoor living space. Don’t trust just anyone; trust the deck-building experts at Maryland’s Best Remodeling to complete your deck. We’ve been trusted by thousands of homeowners to remodel their homes and can ensure that you’ll be 100% satisfied with your deck. Click here to get started and request a FREE estimate.